“What Every Musician Needs to Know About the Body”
Dr. Jackie McIlwain
Sunday, December 2, 2019 from 1:00-7:00 p.m.
Room 232, $Free
Dr. McIlwain is the assistant professor of clarinet at the University of Southern Mississippi and a certified body-mapping clinician. The workshop is designed to help performers develop body awareness and sensory-motor sufficiency, remaining free of injury and pain through a lifetime of performing with pleasure and proficiency.
- 1:00-1:50 p.m. About Movement, Your Senses, and Attention in Playing and Singing
- 2:00-2:50 p.m. The Core of the Body and the Places of Balance
- 3:00-3:50 p.m. Your Four Arm Joints and How to Use Them
- 4:00-4:50 p.m. The Movement of Breathing
- 5:00-5:50 p.m. Your Legs and How They Move as You Play
- 6:00-6:50 p.m. Masterclass with Individual Instruments
This workshop is made possible by the College of Fine Arts Dean’s Fund for Excellence and the Fred Fox School of Music.