All applicants must complete both the UA Graduate College application (UA GradApp) and the UA School of Music application (Acceptd) for admission. Please be prepared to upload the following documents and materials directly to the UA School of Music via the Acceptd online application:
1. Official transcripts from all institutions that you have attended. In keeping with Graduate College policy, international students from countries that do not post the degree on the transcript must submit a copy of their degree certificate/diploma. All international transcripts and degree certificates/diplomas should be submitted in the original language with official English translations. In order to expedite the review of your application, you may submit unofficial transcripts if official transcripts are not immediately available, but you will need to submit official transcripts before you can be admitted to the university.
2. Audition materials as required for your degree (audio or video recordings, writing samples, etc.). For audition repertoire and requirements, see http://music.arizona.edu/admissions/auditions/.
3. A Statement of Purpose (1-2 pages) in which you explain how graduate study in music at The University of Arizona will fit into your educational and career goals.
4. International students whose country's official language is not English must meet basic university standards for the TOEFL examination in order to be admitted to our graduate programs (550 PB, 79 iBT), and must meet or exceed this standard to be considered for a teaching assistantship (550 PB or 79 iBT, and 24 or higher on TOEFL iBT speaking subtest). Photocopies of your TOEFL scores must be uploaded to Acceptd at the time of application (TOEFL exam must have been taken within the past two years).
5. We strongly encourage prospective students to upload these materials onto the Acceptd website. If you need assistance with the Acceptd website, please contact Mr. David McGuiggan. If you are not able to upload your application, please send your documents to the following address:
The University of Arizona
School of Music
Office of Student Services
Graduate Audition Material
1017 N. Olive Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85721