The UA School of Music's internationally recognized faculty is proud to provide scholarship to students who seek a comprehensive, professional curriculum in either performance and/or music education. Dedicated to one-on-one teaching and mentoring, the School of Music is positioned to train a contemporary generation of musicians with:
- • the highest standard of performance in both technical and aesthetic skills
- • a comprehensive education in classical theory, piano skills, and music literature and history,
- • career development using viable, real-life professional situations
- • a recognized music educator training program
- • the rich and varied resources of one of the world’s leading research universities.
The students at the School of Music come from diverse cultural and educational backgrounds bringing together a wealth of experience and talent to engage in similar educational and artistic objectives. Many students will use these years as a preparatory time prior to matriculation into professional programs outside of music. Others will prepare for new and emerging careers in music that take advantage of burgeoning technologies and innovative ways of creating and marketing musical products. Others will focus on traditional opportunities as performers (soloists, chamber musicians, orchestral musicians, and operatic singers).
Many will build a foundation for a career in music education. Students in the School of Music will be encouraged to develop as performing artists, educators, and scholars through a combination of individual instruction, participation in ensembles, and involvement in lectures, internships, and practica leading to professional competencies. Whatever the particular goals or career paths in music, the School of Music is pleased to assist students in being successful on their artistic and professional journey.